Skip to main content

Reflection

looking back at all of my media blogs, I think that as a whole they really helped to learn more about media and ads and how they affect us.  Sure, we wrote mainly about what we learned in class, but writing about the topics in my own way really helped to bring the information in and truly understand it.  I think that the project really helps to better understand what we learn in class.  While we can study the concepts and maybe talk about them with someone else, actually writing about it and applying it to something that appeals to us is what allows for the information to be truly driven home.
Reflecting on my writing, I think that i could have done a better job.  I think that maybe tying to apply the concepts to more real life situations would really help, along with following a better plan while wrtiting.
I think that if I had followed more of an outline for my blogs rather than writing more randonkly would have really helped to improve both the fluency of the writing and the understanding of concepts.  I think also that it would have been better to write more about a specific article or something that I myself had found.  I think that this would have allowed for a more in depth analysis of the topic and to see it from another persons perspective.  While we did do something similar to this, I think that if I had done it more often and chosen a topic more related to the concepts that we have learned it would have really helped.
In conclusion I think that the project really helped to understand what we have learned in class and was very applicable to a real life situation rather than just reading about the subject in a book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The solution

In response to the problem of media influencing opinions on women, I have three solutions. The first is to realize that the problem doesn't affect everyone. There are many people who have different opinions on women, and the documentary presented the extremes, rather than reality.  While this is a problem, we must know to see it when it is actually present, not just when we are told it is there. This brings me to my next solution, to be able to questions everything you hear or learn.  While there is a limit, we must realize that we can and should try to question information that we are given or at least learn more about the issue.  We shouldn't just take the facts that we are given, but learn to question it and process the information rather than just follow it.  We must be able to accept and reject information after we have actually had time to learn about it.  We shouldn't listen to what a small percentage of people say, simply because they are in charge of ...

The Modern Age of Technology

technology has come extremely far in the past few decades.  adults now had nowhere near the level of technology we have as kids.  and even the kids born in the past few years have come into a much more digitally advanced age than we did it used to be that the only way of communicating was through  mail and then slowly we have advanced to a time where you can talk to ten different people on a phone screen.  we used to have no such thing as the internet, where we could look up the answer to a question in a matter of seconds. but the question is how the rapid advancement affects us?  is it a good or a bad thing? this change in technology also causes for many people to see the world differently.  those who are born into this digital age will think less of it, as it has always been here for them.  they will also tend to use it more for not-needed uses.  those who were born before these advances began will think of it as being much more amazing than ...

Two Stories

No two articles are the same.  Even if the topic is similar, the writing can be very different.  One article could agree with the topic, and the other could disagree.  Or both could hold the same views, but express it in a completely different style, and go about convincing others using different words and tones. In this case, two articles about the new health care plan made by Donald Trump take this approach.  The first article, "Donald Trump releases health care reform plan," immediately shows how the writer dislikes the plan, due to installing doubt by saying the plan "aims" to improve healthcare by making it more affordable and better.  The word "aims" causes someone to think that they are trying to but won't actually succeed. The second article, "House Republicans Unveil Plan to Replace Health Law," begins by showing a more neutral tone towards the topic.  However, it does show how the plan will be more controversial.  It does this thro...